If you have a good product and you take care of your customers, you will quickly build a loyal following and attract a group of people who love what you do and aren’t shy about telling others about you and the products you have to offer.
This type of word-of-mouth advertising is one of the best ways to grow your reach (your list), reputation, and your business.
While some customers will start to recommend you to others on their own, others need a little encouragement from time to time.
Here are a few different things you can do via email to get your customer to help you grow your business and make more sales.
1 – Ask Them To Share Your Content On Social Media
One of the easiest things to do is to invite your customers to share any content you create via social media or email it to colleagues and friends. You’d be amazed to find out how many people have no idea that it’s ok to share a blog post, article, or free short report with others.
Whenever you come out with a quality new piece of content, email it to your customers and ask them to share it. Since almost everyone is on various social media sites these days, and we’re all emailing all day long, your content can reach quite a few new people.
2 – Invite Them To Recommend You To Others
Get in the habit of following up with your customers about the products they purchase. Make sure they are happy and know how to download or use what they’ve bought.
Answer any questions they may have and do what you can to help them out. In other words, make sure your customers are happy. Then call in a favour and ask them to recommend you to others who may benefit from the products and services you have to offer.
3 – Set Up An Affiliate Program To Reward Your Customers
Last but not least, consider setting up an affiliate program so you can monetarily reward your customers for the referrals they make. This works particularly well in a business to business scenario and is, of course, a common practice in the online marketing world.
With an affiliate program platform such as JVZoo, your customers (and other affiliates who want to promote you) get a special tracking link that records any customers and sales they send your way. You set a commission and pay your affiliates a percentage of the sales they generate. It’s a great way to drum up new business and grow your reach.
– This marks the end of my email engagement series. In this series I have tried to help you as follows:
– Starting Engagement From Day One Will Help With Email Deliverability
– The Email Equivalent of an Open Door Policy
– Listen To Your Readers When It Comes To Content And Product Creation
– The Importance of Setting and Meeting Expectations In Email Marketing
– How To Strike A Balance Between Free Content And Paid Offers
– Using Foreshadowing To Improve Your Email Open Rates
– Planning Products for Multiple Sales
– The Art Of Setting Up A/R Messages After A Purchase
– Different Ways To Get Your Existing Customers Buying More
– Leverage Your Customers To Grow Your Reach.
I hope you enjoyed this series and have taken away some ideas to help you be successful online.